The Winner of the $50 Gift Card to Bed Bath and Beyond is....
We will be contacting you soon to send you your prize!
Friday, March 30, 2012
I found out that we are supposed to wash our pillows twice a year- Who knew!
Here are the steps to wash and dry your pillows:
1. Check the tag on the pillow to make sure it can be washed- most can be.
2. Use LIQUID detergent, not powder.
3. Wash two pillows at a time to keep the washer balanced.
4. Run the rinse cycle twice.
5. For drying Down Feather Pillows, use the air cycle and make sure to dry fully since it might lead to mold issues if you pull them out still wet or damp. For drying synthetic pillows, use low heat and throw in some tennis ball inside of white socks to help refluff the pillow.
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 4:45 PM
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 8:13 AM
Just 3 Steps to remove rust stains.
Step 1: Squeeze lemon juice directly on the stain.
Step 2: Sprinkle a liberal amount of salt on the lemon juice.
Step 3: Let sit for about 4 hours and then rinse with cool water. Get all the salt down the drain before you start scrubbing. Just use your soft sponge and a little dish soap to wash all the residue off. The stains should be gone!
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 7:53 AM
Saturday, March 24, 2012
We have tan grout but it can get dirty really fast. I invested $7 in a good grout brush and then made a vinegar/water/baking soda mixture to scrub it down. It worked amazingly.
Here's the cleaning mix:
Two cups Vinegar
Two cups Water
3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 6:56 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 9:20 PM
Upgrade your filing system with these stylish folders found at Paper Source. Check out the website for more designs.
Cost: $7.00 for a set of 6
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 8:46 PM
Floating Book Shelf
The Secret: If you look closely, the bottom book slips over the flat metal ledge and then hooks onto the clips under the ledge. Simply stack books on top giving it a floating appearance.
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 8:20 PM
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
This wall organizer is available on casa.com. I am getting one for the inside of my cleaning closet.
Posted by SoCal Rogers at 7:44 PM